Our key areas of interest are:
The management of cardiovascular disease in emergency departments
Therapeutics for emergency conditions
Arteriovenous blood gas agreement
Quality of care in emergency departments and
Improving emergency department processes.
Current projects include:
1. Epidemiology of headache in children in a community ED
2. How accurately do commonly used methods estimate children’s weight in emergency departments? MD Research Project 2018-9
3. External Validation of the HOPPE score to predict low risk pulmonary embolism suitable for early discharge
4.Yield of clinically significant findings from pan scans after trauma in haemodynamically stable patients
5. What is the incidence of renal impairment in patients presenting with renal colic?
6. Reduction of oxygen after cardiac arrest (EXACT): The EXACT Study
7. Vestibular Physiotherapy in the Emergency Department (Dizzy-PT)
8. Occupational Violence and Aggression in the Emergency Department
Kerrie RussellAdmin Officer[email protected]