Our key areas of interest are:
The management of cardiovascular disease in emergency departments
Therapeutics for emergency conditions
Arteriovenous blood gas agreement
Quality of care in emergency departments and
Improving emergency department processes.
Current projects include:
1. Is outpatient testing for coronary artery disease necessary for emergency department patients that "rule out" for acute coronary syndrome?
2. Asia, Australia and New Zealand Dyspnoea in the Emergency Departments Study (AANZDEM Study)
3. Predictors of re-manipulation in wrist fractures reduced in the emergency department
4. Use of protective lung strategies in the management of mechanically ventilated adult emergency department patients: a cross sectional survey.
5. Compliance with a COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) bundle of care in the Emergency Department
6. How clean is your stethoscope? (Melbourne University Scholarly Selective Project)
7. Age-Specific D-Dimer cut off scores in the Assessment of Pulmonary Thromboembolism – a comparative investigation of accuracy and impact – The ADAPT study (Melbourne University Scholarly Selective Project)
Kerrie RussellAdmin Officer[email protected]