Collection of Your Personal Information
The Foundation will generally collect personal information about you directly from you when you use this website or deal with us by other means, including over the telephone or by letter or e-mail. Normally, the type of personal information collected will include your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The Foundation collects personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
- Managing events and activities conducted by The Foundation;
- Providing marketing information to you about the activities of The Foundation; and
- If you do not provide any information requested, we may not be able to participate or provide you with information for the purposes outlined above.
We may collect personal information about you from a third party source. The Foundation will take reasonable steps to contact you and make you aware of the purposes for which we have collected your personal information.
Use or disclosure of Your Personal Information
The Foundation will use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which the personal information was collected or for purposes related to or ancillary to that primary purpose. We do not disclose collected personal information to third parties, other than our consultants or advisers and third parties who conduct activities with us. For administrative and/or regulatory purposes, some information may be shared with Western Health ABN 61 166 735 672.
The Foundation may, from time to time, engage third party contractors to carry out work for us. Third party contractors will be directed to only use collected personal information about you, for the specific authorised purpose for which that personal information has been supplied by us to the contractor.
Personal Information about Other People
Access to Personal Information
The Foundation will, upon request, provide you with access to personal information held by us about you, subject to any limitations or exceptions in the Privacy Act.
The Foundation will deal with requests for access within a reasonable time. You may be required to pay The Foundation for any costs incurred in providing you with access.
If The Foundation refuses to provide you with access to personal information about you, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is up-to-date when collected or used by The Foundation. If any personal information held by us about you is incorrect, you should contact us immediately, so that we can take reasonable steps to update your information.
Security of Personal Information
The Foundation will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and unauthorised disclosure.
Personal information about you may be stored in hard copy or electronically in data information storage systems. The Foundation maintains physical security, as well as network and computer security over paper and electronic data information storage systems.
The Foundation will not transfer your personal information to foreign countries.
You may gain access to your personal information, make a complaint about breach of your privacy rights, or make enquiries about collection or use of your personal information by contacting The Foundation Privacy Officer:
Mail: Western Health Foundation, Footscray Hospital, Gordon Street, Footscray VIC 3011
Telephone: 03 8345 7660 Email: [email protected]
The Foundation will endeavour to respond to your query or complaint in a reasonable timeframe.
Complaints about The Foundation's handling of personal and health information can also be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Event Terms & Conditions
Transfers, Refunds and Cancellation Policy
Please be advised that that by purchasing a ticket or by registering for an event you acknowledge and accept the cancellation terms below:
I hereby understand and acknowledge that all fees and associated costs (including optional product purchases and donations), paid for the event are, under any circumstances, non-refundable, including but not limited to injury, a scheduling conflict, change of venue, event rescheduling and/or event cancellation. I accept that the organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course, change venues, reschedule or cancel the event altogether if conditions warrant it, or otherwise, at the organisers sole discretion. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason deemed reasonable by the event organisers, the event will be re-scheduled where possible. If the event is capable of being rescheduled then at the organiser's discretion registrations will be deemed valid for the rescheduled event date, subject to any notified conditions. These terms and conditions and any conditions notified at the time of a rescheduling direction shall apply to the rescheduled event.
Registrations and ticket purchases are non-transferable. If you are purchasing for other people or registering a team, you warrant and acknowledge that they are bound by this Transfer, Refund and Cancellation policy. If you are purchasing for or registering a minor, you warrant that you are a parent or guardian of those minors.
Conditions of Entry
In completing this registration form I hereby declare that I am participating in this event entirely at my own risk. I acknowledge that all persons directly or indirectly involved in organising this event are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by me or other relating to my participation in the event (whether as a result of negligence or otherwise). I agree to indemnify the sponsors, organisers and all officials against any and all claims arising from my participation. I agree to abide by the rules laid down by the organisers.
Use of Image: I consent to the event organisers and approved contractors using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in the event, at any time, to promote the event by any form of media.
The following conditions of entry apply to all participants, guests and visitors.
1. I understand that the organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course or location, close or withdraw obstacles, to postpone, reschedule or cancel the event if conditions warrant it or otherwise at the organiser's sole discretion, including for the following reasons: if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonable due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason (at the organiser's sole discretion), and that my entry fee/ticket price will be non-refundable.
2. I agree to exhibit appropriate behaviour at all times, including obeying all laws event rules and directions of officials and I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behaviour, in the opinions of the organisers, I have broken these rules or brought the event into disrepute. I further understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having to justify their actions
3. I acknowledge that any property or equipment (without limitation) that I bring into the event is at my own risk and release The Western Health Foundation (and its officers, employees, agents and contractors) from and against any claim or liability in relation to loss of or damage to such property, even where such loss or damage is caused by negligence, default or breach of contract by Western Health Foundation (or its officers, employees, agents and contractors)
4. I grant permission to the Western Health Foundation to use my photograph, video, multimedia and/or likenesses of me captured during the event by Western Health Foundation and its affiliates or contractors without payment and/or compensation. These items become the sole property of the Western Health Foundation to use for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to promoting, advertising and marketing activities.