Following on from a strong level of consumer engagement in feedback on the patient experience in 2018, this Survey is being completed annually, with results reported at Board level and informing the focus of our annual priority actions for improvement.
The results from the 2019 are displayed below:
At a 2015 open access board forum consumers/community members said the following were important to providing a positive patient experience at Western Health (WH) by the year 2020. Half way through implementation of our Strategic Plan 2015-20, we asked consumers/community members to complete a survey on how well we are going against these areas in 2018. Surveys were accessed via direct email to members of our consumer register and members on our community advisory and primary care & population health committees, via a link on the WH Facebook page, via an advertisement in local papers to participate in open access activity, and via Volunteer engagement at their annual Appreciation Event. 216 surveys were completed, with responses represented in the graphs below as the average score out of 5 for each question (as a percentage).
The above feedback, as well as feedback from our staff, board and community partners has informed our following top 6 strategic imperatives for 2018 – 2020:
1. Updating our hospitals – finishing construction on our new women's & children's hospital, expanding the Sunshine Hospital emergency department, planning a new Footscray Hospital
2. Implementation of an electronic medical record
3. Redesigning patient flow to reduce waiting times and expanding integrated models of care
4. Continual review and improvement of our clinical practices to provide best care
5. Improving communication/partnerships between staff, patients & community providers
6. Building and supporting a skilled, positive workforce